Idea testing

11.12.17

With the concept plan as a foundation, more ideas had been expended. Firstly, I created collages to estimate the outlook of design.

Image 11: Collage 

The idea is to hang platforms  in front of the wall and project video on it. It is inspire by Jasper Johns, when the video projects on both blocks and wall,  layers will be created. The idea comes from ‘the personal space zones’; refer to that there are 2 main fact in the theory, ‘intimate space’ and ‘outer-space’. The projections project on platforms represent the ‘intimate space’ and the projections on the wall represents the ‘outer-space’.

As I begin with material testing, I used two different material, acrylic board and white card. The light goes through the acrylic board as its transparency is really high, yet a light shadow of acrylic board will still project on the wall. On the other hand, the white card performed a really clear image and solid shadow reflected on the wall. I prefer the solid result as the layers are clearly defined which seems to be a boundary protecting the ‘intimate space’ that not allowing anyone to enter.

Published by

Pakting Ma

Hi, I am studying BA Interior and Spatial design in Chelsea college of Arts.